Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In Need of Grace

"Of all the people who are most resistant to the gospel it is going to be pastors. It is going to be the elders. It is going to be the church leaders. For what obvious reason would pastors be the most resistant? Why did Jesus say it was difficult for the rich to enter the kingdom, more difficult than passing a camel through an eye of a needle? ...Because to get into the kingdom of God the only thing required is that you acknowledge your spiritual bankruptcy. So it is very obvious that it would be hard for the rich to get into the kingdom of God. Harder than anyone else because it's the hardest for them to see themselves as bankrupt. Right? So who's the hardest person to convict and convert? Who's the hardest person to transform? ...clearly the people that are in religious work. Clearly pastors." -Ray Cortese
My plea is that you would pray for me! Pray for the staff of Central. Pray for anyone you know in a leadership role. We need it.

It is so hard to not become numb to it all. The other day I was sitting in a service at a church in Chicago and watched a man get baptized. My Ashley was crying beside me and I was looking at the layout of the baptismal and listening to the way the pastor prayed. 'Is this prayer biblically sound?' I thought to myself as the man publicly professed Christ as Lord. That is messed up. Pray that God would soften my heart again. Pray that I wouldn't be a Pharisaical hypocrite.

No comments: