Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Off to Visit My African Buddies


AFRICA
Tomorrow afternoon I will be flying out from Chicago Ohare International Airport along with my girlfriend Ashley and my mom, on a short term missions trip. We will be doing several things while there but the big things we will be doing is conducting a Vacation Bible School for some younger students (1st and 2nd grade). Our theme is BIGGER. God is bigger than the slum. He is bigger than their difficult situations. We will do two weeks of morning camps at two different schools. In the afternoons we will conduct interviews with students to try to help the mission assess what has happened since the election turmoil in January. If you are unaware, the Kenyan elections went poorly and made the nation turn against itself. There were many tribal conflicts and the slum that we work in was partially burned down. This put many of our students into an even harder situation than they were before. So now it is the work of several people from First Love Kenya to figure out what is happening with the students. We will partner with them in their endeavours.
For more info on First Love's ministry please visit:
We will also get to work with the Christian Union (highschool midweek youthgroup). I have preached a couple times before at their youth group and I am looking forward to another couple chances to be with them.
So, we are excited and would love it if you joined us in prayer for the nation of Kenya. I will try to fill you in as much as I can but Internet is spotty and unpredictable there. When I return I will be sure to post pictures online. I love you guys. Thank you for your support and encouragement.

No comments: