Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Acts 19- My Daydreams

I literally daydream about this. The Way is so influential that it changes the culture of a whole city and causes a riot. If you want a phenomenal teaching on this, Tim Keller does a great job unpacking this text at the Gospel Coalition 09' conference: The Gospel and Idolatry.

In my mind it is not enough to simply profess faith. Anyone can utter the words, "I believe." In fact, even the demons believe and shutter (James 2:19). I want to see change. I want to be a part of something real... like what happens in this text. In Acts 19 the gospel has such an impact on the a city that the economy is changed. Demetrius a silversmith is about to be put out of a job, because idols are about to no longer have a place.

I guess the response to this text is a plea to beg God for that sort of power to accompany the gospel. Pray that the gospel would first off change you... that you would be a new creation and that radical change would be evidenced in your life. Pray that you would live like the early followers of the Way. Then, pray that that would in turn effect everything around you. Pray that Beloit and surrounding areas would be effected by the gospel. That's what I am for. I am going to go back to daydreaming what this could look like. Glory to God.

No comments: