Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Please Gaurd My Understanding

Because I am taking an online course and working towards my degree... I have been thinking lately about the studying of the Word. I am a student of the Bible. I want to be mastered by it and I believe that it has the power to transform.

My question tonight is when does it plateau? When is the learning curve less steep? When is understanding and theology closest to accurate? I picture a spiraling line that is getting closer and closer and closer to the center. At the outset it is broad and sweeping circles that take up an immense amount of space. As you get closer to the center the circle gets tight and close. That is how I picture myself understanding theology. At the outset there is a little uncertainty but as the bible is mined day after day after day I think that God becomes more and more clear. I wonder where I am at in that mental picture? Over the last year I have really examined the faith as best I can to make sure that I know what I am telling others. I am so unqualified for the position God has placed me in other than the fact that God has placed me in it.

So, I hope my understanding of God is getting tighter and closer to the truth. I pray that I might make less and less mistakes in assessing the Almighty. God help me to accurately proclaim you to the world. Amen

No comments: