Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Busy Busy!


























Sorry I haven't been posting much... things have been very busy. We had camp last week and I get to serve in many different roles so I never even got on a computer except to print my notes for talks and track a book that was coming in the mail... which leads me to another thing that kept me busy... I GOT ENGAGED! I am engaged to my beautiful best friend Ashley! It is so exciting because Ash is pretty much all the good stuff that I am not. She brings a richness and depth to my life. Basically I think we are going to make a melody for Jesus with our lives. Her nickname is Riblet from Genesis 2... where God takes the Rib of Adam and makes Eve and this is what Matthew Henry says of this phenomenon;
"...woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved."
So I published a book of prayers. These are prayers that I have journaled about her over the past two years as a gift that I gave her before proposing. And, she said "yes!" So, I have been very busy and I hope you will forgive me for not posting very much.. I will try to get back into the swing of things now.

No comments: