Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Spurgeon on Ministers' Necessity of Prayer

Here is a quote that just laid me low as I prepare for speaking on prayer tonight:
"If you as ministers are not very prayerful, you are much to be pitied... if you become lax in secret devotion, not only will you need to be pitied, but your people also; and, in addition to that, you shall be blamed, and the day cometh in which you shall be ashamed and confounded" (Spurgeon, Lectures to My Students pg 43).

I am repenting for the neglect of prayer and I apologize to the students for not being more prayerful. One day I will stand before the King on behalf of the students and I will feel ashamed.

God help me to be more prayerful. There is no duty under heaven more important than fellowship with you and intercession for others. Please make me a man of prayer. Amen

No comments: