Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Suffering

For those of you that read this blog I want to ask for your prayers... This weekend students will be helping to lead 'Big Church.' What I mean by big church is the regular services on the weekend. It is going to be very cool as we parade before our congregation the next generation of worshipers of God.

But, as we prepare I have never been more intimidated. As a church we are addressing some of the tough questions of Christianity. For some strange reason I chose the question, "why do we suffer?" The planning has been in process for weeks and it has been a roller coaster. I've gotten exceedingly excited and then despairingly depressed over this message. I have lost a lot of sleep over this. So, please pray for the message this week. I want to dwell in the presence of the Lord. I want to sit in His counsel and hear from Him. And I want to be able to step onto the platform this weekend and say, "as surely as the Lord lives, I can tell [them] only what the Lord says" (2 Chronicles 18:13).

No comments: