Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chan's Step of Faith

Part of what I love to do with this platform is inform you of big things going on in the evangelical world. And, one of those big things happened recently. Francis Chan, one of the pastors that I look up to and appreciate, is stepping away from his pastorate in Simi Valley California. He feels that God is calling him to a new thing. He spoke about it at his church recently and wrote a letter to his church explaining some of the details. Justin Taylor has compiled the information in one spot for us here.

And this is the video from the recent talk where he informed his congregation:

Surrender from Cornerstone Church on Vimeo.


I hope you do not feel like this is gossip. I am not pointing you to this just to say, "Check out this news." My hope is that we would each reflect and ask God if we are walking in faithfulness and obedience to His will, even if it is scary or hard. I hope also that you will pray for Chan and other leaders too. We need to beg for God's mercy on people that are in the limelight like Chan. He has a huge influence on many people and we could hardly imagine the pressure that must have on his family and his personal spiritual life. I am thankful for his continues obedience and the example that he is setting with his life. So join me in prayer for him please.

No comments: