Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

What I am Learning

Prayer is awkward and simple... Don't think too hard on prayer. The more I try to figure it out the more it befuddles me. The fact of the matter is that we learn to pray like we learn to talk... we hear others do it and we imitate. God made us with mouths and the reason he gave us mouths was to communicate with Him and secondly to communicate to His creation (other people) how incredible He is. So, prayer should be natural. But prayer should be informed by Scripture. This summer we are exploring some biblical prayers and seeing if ours line up with the prayers of scriptures. For me I am finding that my prayer life sounds more like a Christmas wish list than a model of say Paul's prayers over the Thessalonians.

Hopefully, God will convict and lead me into deeper communication with Him.

Here are some great resources on prayer:

No comments: