Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Emase

Get this guy on your radar. How does the technical gospel message of John Piper and Don Carson and many other studied "white guys" make it to 'the hood?' The answer, Eric Mason. (I'm not blowing smoke, Mason calls John Piper "The Godfather" to the movement Mason is creating.)

Mason planted a church called Epiphany Fellowship in 'Philly,' an epicenter of hip-hop culture. The concept of the church is to get the 'nutritional value' of the gospel to the ethnic minority and the culture of hip-hop. How is it going so far? See for yourself:



It is good for us to see how this guy is flexing the gospel to the context of Philly. I am a stones throw from the 'inner-city' neighborhood in Beloit as I currently sit in my office... Some of my favorite kids are 'camp kids.' So, how can CSM make sure the gospel is relevant to their lives?

No comments: