Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Awesome!

God is so good... sometimes it slips my mind how incredible he truly is. This week he showed himself to be utterly good. He always does that. So I want to share with you a couple of awesome praises that I have experienced recently... We had our retreat over the last weekend and it was good. Sometimes when you are in the thick of things it is hard to assess how it went. When we got back on Saturday I was a little concerned... "did they really get it? Do they understand God's love? Did I do a good enough job of explaining it?" It took a couple days to sift through those thoughts and I have arrived at this, our retreat went perfectly. God did exactly what he wanted to do in the hearts of those that he brought with us. I know that a lot of students were touched by the hand of God during our retreat and I praise Him for the work that was accomplished!



After Sunday night I was extremely encouraged. I preached I'm in Love part 4: God's Love Equips Us for All We Need. The story of Peter and how God's love reinstated him. There were 3 main things that stood out to me about the story. 1) Jesus knows that we will mess up (Luke 22:31) 2) Jesus prays for us (Luke 22:31, Romans 8: 27, Hebrews 7:25) 3) Jesus' love seeks us out (John 21)



I got to talk with a few people Sunday night and it was awesome... A newer girl asked for a bible. She has only been attending for a few weeks but she has a desire to read the Word! That means we are doing something right! A couple others that attended Love Fest came to me and wanted prayer because they want to stand firm in the faith. They want to be used mightily by God. They want the love of Jesus to comepletely transform their lives. There is nothing better than praying for the equipping of warriors for Christ! God will certainly use those two as ambassadors for the Kingdom! And lastly, my friend came to me and expressed her desire to be baptized!? She is taking the step. She is committing completely! I love it! I love my job!?!?!?!?!

No comments: