Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

Love Fest!

We are about to leave on our weekend retreat... I am super excited! The theme for the weekend is falling in love with God. We want our students and ourselves to be completely enamored with the Almighty God. I want to gaze upon his beauty every day and worship him. I want to love him with all that I have and we want our church to feel the same way... so this weekend we will be stepping away from normal life to try to encounter God in a new and fresh way. Call it a honeymoon with Jesus.

Please pray for us because this is a big endeavor. Helping students fall in love with God is the greatest calling ever but we want to do it with excellence so please pray for our leadership this weekend. And, this is selfish but please pray for me. I will be preaching 4 times throughout the weekend and I have a baby dedication on Saturday night. So, if you wouldn't mind I am inviting you to hold up my hands like the tale of Moses. (Exodus 17:8-16) And I will be able to look back on the weekend and say, "The LORD is my banner, for hands were lifted up to the throne of the LORD. The LORD went to war." (Exodus 17:16 paraphrased) I cannot wait to see the outcome of God's working in our students.

No comments: