Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Take 2- I Want Jesus More Than a Full Belly

Do you ever say something like a bonehead and then 5 minutes later or even immediately after saying it, you realize what you should have said? I had that happen recently. I was fasting and someone asked me, "why are you fasting?" They were wondering if there was a specific reason? Like some people fast for direction, some fast for breakthrough, my reason; "just 'cause." What a stupid response. I blurted out, "just 'cause." Then immediately after I thought in my noggin, "that is not why I am fasting. I am actually fasting because I want Jesus more than I want food. I want to know him intimately and I want to cast everything off that hinders me from knowing him more." I wish I would have said that instead of, "just 'cause." Hindsight is precious.

No comments: