Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Vision Part 3

Last night we just finished up our third part of the series called Vision. The purpose of the series was to give you a feel for the CSM leadership and to let you know what we feel like God is up to. I am very careful to say, "this is what God is doing." Because, his ways are beyond my ways and I promise that most days I am completely clueless. But, as Lana and myself have prayed for the future of CSM and our individual involvements, we are super excited! I think we are on the cusp of something huge! That God is going to do some incredible things with our group of students. I pray that we fully grasp that concept of servant hood that the apostle Paul talked about in Romans 1:1. If we all agreed to that sort of commitment I wonder what our youthgroup would look like? If we all called Jesus lord, master, rabbi, what would God do with our group. It is that total commitment that God is looking for in each of us. He wants us to name Jesus as Lord. It is not enough to just know about him. "Even the demons believe and shutter." (James 2:19) He is master! Whatever he says, we do. Complete submission to the will of God at any cost. Imagine with me, what would a group of rowdy highschoolers look like, that is totally committed to the ways of God? Think about it?!? Even if one person took Jesus as serious as Paul, what that one person could do?! If God has complete control over your life I wonder what that would look like? What would he have you do today? Right now as you finish reading this article, what would he have you do after you got up from the computer? That sort commitment is exactly what we are going for at CSM and I am completely confident that God is going to do amazing things with our group as we lay down our lives and the King of Kings picks them up!

No comments: