Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mark 6 -Sent Out

I clung to this scripture when I moved to Florida... I had a little green diesel Volkswagen full of my stuff. And, I had no clue where I was going stay or what the next few months of my life was going to look like. The only thing that was comforting was that I knew I was being sent by Jesus. "Cory, where are you going to stay?"... "I don't know." "What are you going to do for work?" ... "I don't know." "How are you going to survive?" ... "I don't know." "Why are you even going then?" ... "Because Jesus is sending me." Everything else will work itself out because Jesus is sending me. Sure enough I had a place to stay and I had a job within a few weeks and He provided me with everything that I needed to accomplish the task at hand. Now I look back and I praise him for making me trust him so much.

Jesus wants to send you out. Maybe not physically from this location. I am sure some of the disciples didn't travel far. But he wants you to preach that people should repent.(verse 12) He wants you to boldly proclaim that the kingdom of heaven is near. Proclaim it in your schools and jobs and the surrounding area. Please please don't shrink back from the opportunity. Don't shy away because you are unprepared. If Jesus says go then he will provide everything you could ever need to accomplish the task he is calling you to. Go boldly and proclaim the Good News!

No comments: