Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Good Worship Music


I just want to let you know that worship music is incredible! Christianity is a singing religion! Think about how weird it is that we sing every Sunday?! Even dads that look like they have never shed a tear and would simply say to friends, "I don't sing". Old men singing, women, children, everyone sings at church. It is actually pretty bizarre to think about. We come together and sing and when you think about it, it is hard not to sing. God has done so much for me that sometimes I just want to yell from a mountain top what he has done.

Psalm 47
clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth! He subdued nations under us, peoples under our feet. he chose our inheritance for us, the pride of Jacob, whom he loved.
Selah (Musical interlude to contemplate)
God has ascended amid shouts of Joy, the Lord amid the sounding of trumpets. Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise. God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne. The nobles of the nations assemble as the people of the God of Abraham, for the kings of the earth belong to God; he is greatly exalted.

Think about verse 6... "sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.
I was just listening to some incredible worship music. Hillsong just released the I Heart Revolution: With Hearts as One album on itunes. So I am overwhelmed by the presence of God as I sit at my desk and worship the one worthy of all my praise! It is weird how simply singing to God can change everything. It helps to refocus your thoughts and energies towards the one that worthy of our praise. In fact most people that are martyred for the Christian faith actually sing in their final minutes. God gives them a song! Their lips profess His beauty through song?! Isn't that crazy?! I just wanted to take a minute to note how incredible it is to praise God. And, it is so good for me today to just sit at His feet and worship Him!

No comments: