Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mark 15- Mocking Jesus

"Hail, King of the Jews" (Mark 15:18). As I read about the Roman soldiers and the crowd mocking, spitting, ridiculing, and beating Jesus I grew concerned. I know that these people literally did those things, but I wonder how many times I mock him with my life. I am completely convinced that if I recognized daily that He is Lord of Lords, that I would live completely differently! But sometimes I forget about his lordship. Not on purpose just subtly forget that he is in heaven shining in splendor with angels worshiping him! Then I begin to mock his lordship in my life. Like a disobedient citizen, I begin to break the laws of my lord. 'King of the Jews' I proclaim and metaphorically spit in his face as I live in way that is dishonorable to him. When I blatantly disobey my master it is similar to what these soldiers did. And, God proclaims from the heavens "If I am your father where is the honor due me? If I am your master where is the respect due me (Malachi 1: 6)? Search your heart. See if you are being disobedient in any way to the Lord of Lords. We need to constantly make sure that we are not mocking our Lord by the way we live.

No comments: