Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We made it back safely! I am a little wearied by the trip and life in general so hopefully this report makes sense. Last night we slept in the gym at a church and trekked the rest of the way today. We are all a little exhausted but we made it back and said our goodbyes a little bit ago.

Let me just quickly tell you about the last couple days. Thursday night worship was in the dark. They killed all the lights and played the whole set in the dark. It was setting the tone for the story of Jonah and his prayer of praise in the belly of the fish... Before we went in to worship we did a little biblical prep work with our group. We looked at Revelation 4. So, our hearts were primed. At one point our worship leader started singing a song called Holy by Waterdeep and because I was thinking of the greatness of our God and the Seraphs crying "Holy Holy Holy" I began to weep. My voice trembled as I fearfully sang to my King. Then I looked around and saw silhouettes of our group either joyfully praising or fearfully worshiping. It made my heart race.

As Arron unpacked the story of Jonah, hearts were pierced. 3 from our group made a stand, publicly repenting of sin and getting right before God! It was a joy to walk them through a prayer of repentance and see the joy of the Lord in them as grace washed over them!

I will save Friday night's report for tomorrow... I have so much to say but too little energy to effectively communicate.

No comments: