Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

John 1- The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning... In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it... He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him... his own did not receive him. Yet to all who receive him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth... no one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known. -John

In Jesus we have the fullness of God! In Jesus we find all things! We find life and existence and being... we find creation, we find authority, we find life, we find light, we find our new birth, we find His Glory! Let me put a little emphasis on the importance of Jesus! Those of us that attempt to teach the glories of God grope for words that will help us explain Jesus!?! I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good. My experience with this God man, with this 'Word become flesh' is so profound and bizarre and real and terrifying and glorious that I can hardly express my sentiments. How can I possibly explain an encounter with 'seeing the glory of the One and Only?'

We are diving into the last of the four Gospels. I hope that you are eerily less comfortable with Jesus then before. The typical depiction of our savior has a hard time actually containing the Word. He is larger than life. 'Through him all things were made and without him nothing was made.' He is that incredible. He is that powerful and terrifying.

This morning I think it would be best for us to sit quietly under him for a moment. For me I think it would be good to repent of not worshiping the Glory of God in Jesus Christ. There have been many times that I have thought less of Him than I ought.

I am sorry Lord that, like verse 5 and 10 point out, you were here and I did not understand and I did not recognize. Thank you for opening my eyes. Thank you for adopting me into your kingdom of light. Thank you for making me your child. Thank you for making me born of You. A new creation. Who am I that you are mindful of me. I will praise you with my life and with my everything. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: