Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

John 9- Do Work

"Do work"... that is a phrase that I used a lot when I was on tour with Operation 12. It was kind of a joke as we tried to be cool and tried to act like we know anything about the hip hop culture. I'm actually lame and try hard to be cool. Sometimes it works out, sometime, like this particular case, it makes me look very un-cool.

Nonetheless, Jesus used this language when asked about a blind man (but I bet he didn't say it with the urban emphasis added). He said the man was blind "so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. As long as it is day we must do the work of him who sent me (John 9:3,4)." Jesus is a man on a mission. He is doing work. The work of the one who sent him. And, I want to be about doing that same work! My passion is that I would not get lazy. That we would not get lazy or shirk responsibility or pretend that someone else will finish the work. God has given us the daylight and we are to work diligently before the sun sets. There is an issue of time here. We do not have forever and I feel that dusk is rapidly approaching. So, I hope that I can be used and wielded and put to work to magnify the Glory of Jesus Christ. To snatch people from the flames (Jude). To speak a word that awakens dead men (1 Peter 4:11, Ezekiel 37). I pray that God would let me say like the apostle Paul, "I have worked harder than all of them- yet not I but Christ in me. (1 Corinthians 15: 10)" God make me diligent to do the work of the Father.

No comments: