Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bible Reading- Spiritual Steroids

This year we are working through a bible reading plan as a church. I am not sure how many people are actually committed to this but I would be a miss if I didn't at least encourage it from every angle possible.

Let me just say that over the years having a bible reading plan has helped me immensely. I used to think that reading needed to be loose and free from any restrictions that would hold it back. I used to think that if you had specific things that you had to read it would become legalistic or a religious check mark... I will be very real in saying that those are very fine sounding arguments that Satan helped me form.

Free from structure is another way of saying not going to happen. If you have no game plan for what you are going to read then realistically you will habitually miss days. When you have no plan it is easy to slip. Days become weeks and then months and you actually end up signed on to a bible reading plan.... it's called not reading.

So, first off lets just put our reservations aside and try it. Give it a week and see if you don't feel swept up into the courts of heaven. You will be surprised at how quickly this will have an effect on your soul!

Here are some links lest you read this with good intentions of starting and then Satan distracts you before you can make it to your bible....
http://www.hopeingod.org/resources/images/1224.pdf
http://harvestnetinc.com/files/Downloads/BIble%20Reading%20Plan.pdf

No comments: