Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Evaluation pt 3

Here is where it gets recent... 2008 was such an incredible year for me. You might read about my many adventures and my rock star lifestyle that I used to live in 2007 and even before and then see my 2008 as being a boring youth pastor, but I actually traded up. When I took the job here at Central I was being blessed with an opportunity to mentor students. A whole lot different approach then doing an outreach. It is the opportunity to see someone on fire one week and then struggling the next. Having to help people understand the God of the bible and trust Him completely. It is the opportunity to counsel and lead by example. It has been awesome. I admit that I spent pretty much my whole first year trying to figure it out. I mean who presumes to know what they are doing in ministry?! Even a seminary graduate will be humbled very quickly when they realize the weight of shepherding students.

As I look at photos of the students I am so blessed. We have a special group. We have such unique individuals and God loves every one of them so much. He is giving me a fatherly heart towards all of them. And I just want the best for them. So, 2008 was a huge win for me. 

And 2009 is going to be crazy awesome. God is good. 

No comments: