Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

John 19- Love

"Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "here is your mother" (vs 26-27)

Has Jesus commissioned you to love others? I can't even imagine the weight of my dying Savior's last words spoken... an issue to love. Imagine the effect that would have on you? Seeing Jesus hanging on the cross and he tells you to love his mother. The end of verse 27 says, "from that time on, this disciple took her into his home."

Reality is, when you become a disciple you adopt that mission of love. How have you demonstrated the love and compassion of Christ lately. His concern while hanging on the cross was for others. His desire for us is that we would take up his concern and carry it on to the end of the ages. But, how are we doing at that? How are we doing at loving our neighbor? I can think of a millions of things I have done for myself lately but I have a hard time thinking of only a few things I have done for others.

God give us a passion to live out your love. Help us to see the needs of others even when our needs seem so big. Help us to care more about others than we care about ourselves. It will take a miracle for this to happen in selfish me. So, we need you to make this happen. I can't muster up this kind of love even with all my strength and efforts. God I need you to make this love come to life. Amen

No comments: