Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Acts 9- Tabitha Get Up

Isn't it cool that Peter raises a dead woman? In the story we are made aware of a disciple that dies... I am going to venture away from the text slightly to make a point about about evangelism. The text is not a story of evangelism in the sense that I will use it, but people did hear of this and believe (vs 42). 

What I want to point out is that we get this privilege too! By faith we can raise the dead. Physically, but also, in my estimation, more importantly the spiritually dead! We need to start trusting Jesus for a waking of the dead in our friends and neighbors that do not know Him. 

It is astonishing that Peter calls for Tabitha to "get up" but we with the same measure of faith need to start praying for our friends... I have friends right now that are spiritually dead. When they die it is over for them. They are seperated from God for forever. Instead of just taking it on the chin and writing off their spiritual deadness as 'the way it goes sometimes.' I need to get on my knees and beg God to give life. He can speak one Word to them, "LIVE," and they will come to life (Ezekiel 16:6). 

So, today, let us think of those we love and care for that are spiritual dead and let us bodly beg the Lord for Him to raise the dead. That is my strategy for evangelism. Trusting God to do what I can't do. Praying for the dead to be awakened to the majesty of Christ.

No comments: