Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Cross

Last night I asked some of my Jr high guys how to get to eternity... The answer was telling and heartbreaking. They said, "you have to be good" then another chimed in, "you have to 'not sin'," and yet another, "you have to read the bible," and "you have to teach others how to be good" My jaw dropped. Not that I should be surprised that some Jr high boys have a hard time with the gospel, the gospel is bizarre. But, I kind of felt stupid for not having made it very clear for them. 

So I told them graciously that they were wrong. And I asked if they would like to know how to get to eternity? It is a simple question and the answer is profoundly important. In fact, I am planning on spending a couple weeks at youth group explaining this now.

To get to heaven you don't have to be good. In fact you will not find any good people in Heaven, except one... The King. You do not have to read the bible in fact a good portion of the people there will have been illiterate when they were on earth. You don't have to be a great proclaim er of the truth helping others to be good. There is only one way that grants entrance to eternity. Jesus. 


No comments: