Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

May The Lord Bless and Keep You

I am writing this because some Mondays I need to be encouraged... I am not fishing for words of affirmation (although that is my love language)... I really just want to find my encouragement in the Word. I want to hear on most Mondays, "well done my faithful servant." I want Jesus to whisper in my ear. Because most Mondays I am telling myself the complete opposite. I am telling myself that I didn't do that great of a job. I tell myself that I am not that great of a Gospel teller. I only live out portions of what I teach so I am hypocritical in my leadership. 

So, this morning I want to share with myself mainly (and you can tag along too) that God is for me (and you too). There is a prayer that is given in Numbers that my mind gravitated to this morning. Moses is telling Aaron and his sons how to bless the people. So, in the sixth chapter of numbers it says, "Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:

  " ' "The LORD bless you 
       and keep you;

  the LORD make his face shine upon you 
       and be gracious to you;

  the LORD turn his face toward you 
       and give you peace." '

  "So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them." (Numbers 6:23-27)

That is what I prayed this morning... "God bless me and keep me. Make your face shine on me and be gracious to me. Turn your face to me and give me peace. Let me bear your name." That is what I need. It is so refreshing to pray like that. It takes my focus off of my achievements or lack there of over the past week. It takes my focus off of the secondary issues and puts it back on what is truly important... Being right with God. Having peace with God and dwelling in His midst. 

I need to be faithful to Him and He determines the outcome. It is so hard to avoid 'selling out' in ministry. Every ounce of my flesh wants to see something measurable. Every ounce of my old man wants to do something that people look at and praise me for. But that is not the Gospel. That is not the new creature's design and function. It is actually my job to be obedient to Jesus even if 'results' are bleak

'God help me to be faithful. Don't let me sell out. Direct my steps. Allow me to be completely faithful to you, no matter the outcome. Let your face shine on me. Keep me. Turn your face to me and give me peace. Amen.'  

No comments: