Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Abandoned to God- Book Review


Reading biographies is good for the soul... It is easy to survey the current condition of modern christian life and think 'I'm alright.' Like God will judge on a curve and you are on the front half of the class so 'no worries.' But, when you look at the saints that have gone before us it leaves a mark on you. When I read about Oswald Chambers, who is most famous for his devotional book called My Utmost for His Highest, I realized I am a ways away from being at a level this man lived at. He is phenomenal in his pursuit of Jesus. And I have been highly encouraged lately by his ability to just love Jesus. It is an excellent read.

"One of the blessed things about this life is that man carries his kingdom on the inside and that makes the outside lovely." -Oswald Chambers

No comments: