Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Acts 1- Welcome to Acts

In my former book Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do a to teach until the day he was taken up into heaven- Acts 1:1-2

Our faith is founded on the fact that we are following a God-man named Jesus. So, you can imagine what sort of impact it had on his immediate followers when He died, rose again, hung out, then peaced-out... Their heads were spinning. And I'm sure the thoughts, 'what do we do now?' raced through their brains over and over again. 

Well, the show must go on. Jesus knew from the outset what would happen and he chose humble men like you and I to propel his kingdom message to the ends of the earth. The book of Acts is the documented happenings of the early church... It is exciting start to finish. And, in a way it continues to answer that question that the early followers posed, 'what do we do now?' In Acts I believe Luke, inspired by the holy Spirit, draws a blueprint for the lives of followers. When I studied Acts with my family we kept saying over and over again, "I'm not like that, I wish I was like that." Acts sets the bar pretty high for followers. Really high. So, buckle in because I am sure this book will shake you to your core and challenge your commitment and inspire you to live more radically for the Kingdom.

No comments: