Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

John 21- Precious Jesus

"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. (vs 25)"

I can see John penning these words with adoration... Thinking through the fact that he made a detailed account, inspired by God, that would bring people into 'the light of the knowledge of the glory of God shining in the face of Christ'(2 Corinthians 4:6). The effect that Jesus had on John's life can hardly be expressed with words. I think he sealed the letter with a smile on his face as he recalled how magnificent the life of his best friend and biggest hero was.

Do you adore Jesus? When the bible awakens us to the fact that we are followers of Christ does it excite you to know that you are becoming like Christ? I have wasted so much of my life following after men hardly worthy of my emulation. I have examined the lives of professional athletes and determined to make myself like them. I have read and studied their every move. But, Do I do that with Jesus? Do I probe? And try to figure out what he was like? If he would have acted this way in a certain situation? I am not trying to copy the trite WWJD... I am saying I really want to know Jesus more. And it is exciting that I am trying to become more like him. And I do want to emulate his every move... 

I've been told before that I skateboard like Tom Penny (my favorite pro skater), I've been told that I wakeboard like Keith Lyman (my favorite pro wakeboarder), but what I really want is to be told I live like Jesus Christ (my favorite person). Are you trying to be like Jesus? I am.

No comments: